- MODEL TEST PAPER FOR ENTRANCE TEST OF B.Sc. (AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY) 2017 New
- A Seminar Cum Awareness Program
- P.G. Department of Botany guest lecture on August 7, 2015
- Activities of Journalism Department
- Teej Celebrated at Khalsa College Amritsar after a decade.
- 3 day Diwali Tournament of Hockey and Handball held in Khalsa College, Amritsar
- P.G.Deptt. of Computer Sc. organized workshop on Android based technologies by HCL Infosystem
- KCA NCC cadets Win Medals in Inter-Battalion Shooting Events
- Workshop on Ruby on Rails
- Seminar on Organic Farming by Agriculture Department
- Seminar on Hazards of Mobile Rays by Botany Department
- Pak folk artist Warsi leave audience at Khalsa College captivated, recite Warish Shah's `Kalaam` on 19th April 2015
- Harwinder Hinda Memorial Football Tournament held at Khalsa College
- One Day Workshop on `Drinking water Testing` at Khalsa College
- KCA Prof selected for UGC Research Award for Research in Life Sciences
- UK Museum Expert shed light on Maharja Dalip Singh at Khalsa College To help Khalsa Colege to Modernize its Sikh history Museum
- Guru Nanak ji's 546th Gurpurab celebrated with Fervour KCGC takes out mega procession from Khalsa College to Golden Temple
- Book Fair organized at Khalsa College Amritsar
- Educational Tour of Economics Department on September 11, 2015
- Principal Dr. Mehal Singh released book Magistrate Mujrim
- Khalsa College gets 'Potential for Excellence status from UGC' to get Rs.1.5 crore special grant
- USA Students Visit
- Workshop on 'Computer Assembling and Networking'
- Seminar on Big Data
- Template for Science Research Journal : Current Report on Science and Technlology New
- World Physiotherapy Day New
- Extension lecture on Science as a tool to connect to Gurbani, September 29, 2016
- Economics Deptt. visit to Pingalwara
- Workshop on Creative Writing in English
- One Day Workshop on Radiation Detectors
- Seminar on Programing the Minds Through Hoilstic Education
- Alumni Meet 2015
- Activities of Department of Fashion Designing New
- Arambhik Ardas Divas New
- "Teeyan Festival"
- Gender Champions Club New
- Annual Sports Day
- 110th Convocation
- 2nd Inter Khalsa Colleges Diwali Tournament
- 7 Days National Workshop on Research Methodology (December 18-24, 2016)
- Notice Regarding Passport New
- Free BMD Test Camp at Physiotherapy Dept New
Khalsa College gets Potential for Excellence status from UGC to get Rs.1.5 crore special grant
Amritsar, January 15
The historic Khalsa College Amritsar (KCA) has bagged the prestigious ‘College with Potential for Excellence” (CPE) status from University Grants Commission (UGC). This will make the college eligible for the special grant of Rs.1.5 crore from the UGC for the academic, sports and extra-curricular activities on the campus.
KCA Principal Dr.Mehal Singh said the UGC conferred the CPE status on the recommendation of the Expert Committee for its third consecutive phase effective from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2020. ``The status carries a grant of Rs. 1.50 crore, the maximum in this category’’, said Dr.Mehal Singh.
He thanked the Khalsa College Governing Council (KCGC) President Satyajit Singh Majithia, honourary secretary Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina and others for guidance and support for strengthening the educational infrastructure on the campus. He said the status by the UGC was an acknowledgement of achievements of the college in academics, sports as well as extra-curricular activities. ``It is meant to strengthen various departments of the institution’’, he added.
The Principal also congratulated team comprising of Dr. J.S. Gandhi, Co-ordinator (UGC-CPE Grants) and Dr. Amit Anand, Deputy Co-ordinator (UGC-CPE Grants) for the achievement.