- MODEL TEST PAPER FOR ENTRANCE TEST OF B.Sc. (AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY) 2017 New
- A Seminar Cum Awareness Program
- P.G. Department of Botany guest lecture on August 7, 2015
- Activities of Journalism Department
- Teej Celebrated at Khalsa College Amritsar after a decade.
- 3 day Diwali Tournament of Hockey and Handball held in Khalsa College, Amritsar
- P.G.Deptt. of Computer Sc. organized workshop on Android based technologies by HCL Infosystem
- KCA NCC cadets Win Medals in Inter-Battalion Shooting Events
- Workshop on Ruby on Rails
- Seminar on Organic Farming by Agriculture Department
- Seminar on Hazards of Mobile Rays by Botany Department
- Pak folk artist Warsi leave audience at Khalsa College captivated, recite Warish Shah's `Kalaam` on 19th April 2015
- Harwinder Hinda Memorial Football Tournament held at Khalsa College
- One Day Workshop on `Drinking water Testing` at Khalsa College
- KCA Prof selected for UGC Research Award for Research in Life Sciences
- UK Museum Expert shed light on Maharja Dalip Singh at Khalsa College To help Khalsa Colege to Modernize its Sikh history Museum
- Guru Nanak ji's 546th Gurpurab celebrated with Fervour KCGC takes out mega procession from Khalsa College to Golden Temple
- Book Fair organized at Khalsa College Amritsar
- Educational Tour of Economics Department on September 11, 2015
- Principal Dr. Mehal Singh released book Magistrate Mujrim
- Khalsa College gets 'Potential for Excellence status from UGC' to get Rs.1.5 crore special grant
- USA Students Visit
- Workshop on 'Computer Assembling and Networking'
- Seminar on Big Data
- Template for Science Research Journal : Current Report on Science and Technlology New
- World Physiotherapy Day New
- Extension lecture on Science as a tool to connect to Gurbani, September 29, 2016
- Economics Deptt. visit to Pingalwara
- Workshop on Creative Writing in English
- One Day Workshop on Radiation Detectors
- Seminar on Programing the Minds Through Hoilstic Education
- Alumni Meet 2015
- Activities of Department of Fashion Designing New
- Arambhik Ardas Divas New
- "Teeyan Festival"
- Gender Champions Club New
- Annual Sports Day
- 110th Convocation
- 2nd Inter Khalsa Colleges Diwali Tournament
- 7 Days National Workshop on Research Methodology (December 18-24, 2016)
- Notice Regarding Passport New
- Free BMD Test Camp at Physiotherapy Dept New
The festival of `Tiyaan’ celebrated with fervor on August 13th, 2016
The festival of `Tiyaan’ was celebrated with much fervor and festivity at historic Khalsa College here today. The students especially girls resorted to traditional Punjabi dance, music apart from eating delicacies and enjoying swings and merry-go-around installed at the College’s ground which was abuzz by the colourful activities throughout the day.
Clad in traditional dresses, the students were joined by faculty members recited folk songs, especially `Boliyaan’ and performed Gidda and Bhangra to the excitement of one and all. The festival is celebrated to welcome the rainy season of `Saavan’, said Principal Dr. Mehal Singh adding that he takes pride in the fact that 124 years old college has more girl students than the boys.
The major attractions were the beats of the Dhols, Swings and Punjabi delicacies apart from the blend of modern pop Punjabi music songs with the traditions during the festival. ``It is a festival of happiness and good times. The girls had always faced discrimination and the festival speaks loud of the rising girl power and protection of their rights in the modern society’’, said the Principal.
Simran Kaur, a student said that they saw the festival being celebrated at such a large scale for the first time and they were cheered by the moment. Another student Baljit said that such festivals not only make them happy to cheer in the traditional styles but also gives message of the emancipation of women in the society.